Monday, March 31, 2008

Back on the Prairie

Dante and I flew back to Oklahoma this morning, March 31.
Of all things, a tornado hit a neighborhood just north of ours!
Thank goodness our house was unaffected!
Now, it's gorgeous here, a blue sky and a nice breeze.
We spent so much time back in Ohio sorting through my mom's things, and this much I can tell you: My mother and my father wrote to each other A LOT. My sister has made a scrap book with all their letters.
I'm doing the same with my mom's journals.
If it wasn't for their writing, we wouldn't know what went on in their lives. That's what I love so much about writing. I knew I loved it, I knew it was my passion, but I never realized the profound impact it can have when one's parents are deceased, and all that you have left is the writing.
I had asked my mom so many questions in the months before she died, and she didn't get to answer all of those questions verbally, but we found the answers in her journals! She actually wrote out on paper, "Angie asked me this, this is the answer."
Thank you, Mom, for doing that.
And now I know where I get the need to write. :-)

No comments: