Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Gizmo the Cat

Gizmo the Cat will have surgery on Friday, Dec. 19, in Oklahoma City.
Please pray for her.
She had an ultrasound today, and what they discovered was a mass in her intestinal tract. They haven't ruled out cancer.
I know it may sound strange that I ask for prayers for my cat, but I pray for all living things.
Of course humans are first. Well, some humans. :-)
Gizmo is and has always been a very special member of the family, a talkative and very outspoken Balinese beauty who we reared from a little runt into a beautiful, elegant cat.
She is a cat after my own heart, always speaking her mind in her little kitty lingo. If you ask Gizmo how her day was, she tells you; actually, she tells you that even if you don't want to hear it. The funniest Gizmo story is when she outright attacked a groomer at a Petsmart in Columbus, Ohio. I got the call from Petsmart. "Our groomer had to be taken to the emergency room."
Gizmo had attacked the groomer's hand. I asked, "Did the groomer touch Gizmo's head?"
"Yes."
"Well, that's where she went wrong."
You just don't touch Gizmo's head.

No comments: