Thursday, April 17, 2008

Good, old-fashioned Crazy

In case you haven't seen it yet, a news story today tells about a Yale art student who induced abortions on herself and turned it into an art project, in which she included blood from the induced miscarriages.
Find the story here. http://www.yaledailynews.com/articles/view/24513
Yes, I've made a judgement that she's crazy. I'm calling a spade a spade.
Why does this bother me? Well, first of all, we're giving publicity to a crazed person who probably should be on meds and/or hospitalized.
Secondly, this is the impact of living in a rich society. For example, if this art student needed to work for a living to make ends meet, she wouldn't have time to induce abortions on herself and then turn it into an art project.
I've been exposed to more than my fair share of young people who have more money than they know how to handle. (On the OU campus, for example). In many cases, they haven't been taught to think critically let alone have to work for a living.
Get a job. Be productive. As I tell my nieces and nephews: "You have brains, use them. Use them for good in this world, not for evil."
Apparently, if the brain is corrupted by crazy, then you're not going to be able to use it for anything. So don't do drugs. This Yale student needs to go find a hobby.

No comments: