Sunday, April 27, 2008

The Power of Prayer

I've hesitated to write about this, but it's obviously affected my life so much over the past year, I want to post something.
I was inspired by a person named Jim Hodge, who is the friend of a friend. Jim is battling rectal cancer.
I ask everyone to pray.
I've always been an advocate of prayer, but I never knew how much it would mean to me until I used it to lift me through the time with my mother, learning her diagnosis and seeing her battle with cancer.
People across the country prayed for me, for my mom and for our family. Catholics, Protestants, whomever. Young and old. My mother was on prayer lists across the country, especially in Ohio and Oklahoma. During the entire time, I had an amazing inner peace.
We placed our hands on her, we joined hands, and we prayed. We prayed with her, we prayed alone.
And Jim, I don't know you, but I've watched cancer. I've seen its impact on families, including my friend Lisa, aged 31, who was diagnosed with advanced breast cancer last August.
Lisa is doing well, her spirits so inspiring despite the double mascetomy and fight for her life.
The world is praying for you all, and I hope you know that.

No comments: