Sunday, April 6, 2008

The Smurfette Story

It's always been my goal to have fun. Make life unpredictable and plant unexpected laughs. The people to whom I am most close all have this in common: They make me laugh. And I think I make them laugh, too.
I've always said, "Don't take life too seriously. You'll never get out of it alive."
So you can imagine my fun when I went out for pizza with my friends on Friday night, and the pizza place ... well, let me paint the picture.
It's a small place called "Sauced" in the artsy district of Oklahoma City known as the Paseo district. You walk up, you order ONE slice of pizza, and you can get whatever you want on it.
Best. Pizza. Ever.
So the cashier (a young unassuming man) says to me, "I need a name for the pizza order."
I said, "Smurfette."
He was confused. He says, "No, really. I need a name for the pizza order."
I said, "I know. The name is Smurfette."
He takes the order, gives me my receipt... 10 minutes later, I and my three friends are sitting out on the crowded patio at Sauced and the waitress comes out and yells, "Smurfette, I've got your pizza."
CLASSIC!
Try this: Next time you go to a place like Starbucks or out to dinner where they need a name by which to call you, make up a name. Serious fun. Especially if you say, "The Simpsons," and then when they call the name, yell out, "Whoo-hoo" like Homer.

No comments: