Thursday, October 16, 2008

It's Done!

Today, Oct. 16, is a very special day for me. I get to take my finals, of course, and that will be a load off my shoulders like you would not believe. But I am also holding in my hands THE BOOK that has consumed my life for the last six months.
It is the Graduate College Annual Report of Fellows. I was responsible for collecting all content, all photos, and ensuring ALL ACCURACY.
And that's not an easy task when you have over 160 fellows with names like Heminigild Mpundu and Karrthik Kirupakaran and Olga Verbovaya. All told, it's a 208-page book.
And that's FULBRIGHT with ONE L, not two. And maybe some fellows have actually graduated, and we need to track the entire process ourselves at the Graduate College because the university doesn't have a central point to collect all the data on where the fellows have gone.
And those who have worked with me in the past, and those who know me in general, know how anal I am about accuracy. OBSESSIVE.
So this is a big day. I am happy. Now, I dare not look at the book for fear of finding one tiny, any tiny, error.

No comments: