Friday, October 17, 2008

Without people, life isn't possible

I think a lot.
I think quickly, deeply, too much, all the time. My mind is always moving. My mother knew this. My sister knows this. Dante knows this. I know this about myself.
And tonight, I've been thinking a lot about teams. I love working in teams, and during my organizational behavior class this semester, I was part of one of the most wonderful teams of people I could ever imagine.
Five of us - me, Ali, Paul, Ian, and Michael - moved in lockstep. Our interactions were positive, reinforcing, and inspiring. Together, we produced three papers and we studied for one excrutiating exam.
We got each other through a very demanding class. Ian and I had struggled through a very difficult class together last semester, so we knew that if we made it through that class, we could make it through anything.
At home, I'm blessed with a similar "team." Dante is my partner, my co-captain, my inspiration when I think I can't read one more chapter or write one more word. He woke up with me early Thursday morning to study latin ethic philosophies and legal cases.
Daren, my brother-in-law, happened to be staying with us when I was studying for my Latin American Economic Development exam last week. He helped me study.
On the sidelines, I have quiet cheerleaders, people like Arnella and Nancy who call me to ask me how things are going, how did the tests go, how am I doing.
I am quite blessed, and I never, ever want anyone to think I've taken them for granted. Love you guys. Thank you for being part of my team.

No comments: