Monday, November 3, 2008

Go Vote .... Maybe

I have taken a vow of silence this political season (well, vow of silence in Angie terms).
I will not reveal who is getting my vote ... Maybe it's Obama, maybe it's McCain.
I have generally tended to vote conservatively in the past.
But for this election, I am zipping my lip and not telling anyone who gets my vote.
Here is why: I will choose the person who I feel can navigate our country through this pivotal stage in its development. I am not choosing based on gender (for example, I admire Palin, but I would not vote for the McCain-Palin ticket on the basis of getting a female into the vice presidency).
That would be fool-hardy.
It would also be fool-hardy to vote for Obama purely on the basis of race.
In either case, it's a historic moment for our country, moreso than anyone realizes. We are about to embark on a major change for the highest seat in American politics, and that my friends is mesmerizing and wonderful.
If you are the praying kind, I ask that you pray for our country and for the next leader.
No matter what happens, go vote, but please be educated and make the choice that you believe in. (No more Umbilical Cord Partisans, please).