Monday, November 17, 2008

Let Them Eat Cake!

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/11/14/world-leaders-dine-in-style-as-they-discuss-financial-crisis/

Or not.
See the attention this dinner is getting. When world leaders descended on D.C. this past weekend in a very historic economic summit, some newspapers felt the need to pay attention to what the leaders were eating for dinner.
In my opinion, food is one of the best sides to life. Maybe it's my Italian heritage, but let me tell you, that if you're coming to dinner at my house, you're getting treated very, very nicely. Just ask anyone who's been to my house for dinner.
It's just the same with anyone in my family, and on Dante's side of the family, too.
OK, my point is this: Give the world leaders a nice dinner. I'm a taxpayer. It's not a big deal. Just like it wasn't a big deal (pardon me) that Sarah Palin spent money on her wardrobe. And for the record, it wasn't $150,000. Incidentally, I would like to have a side-by-side comparison for how much other leaders spend on their clothing.
Watch now for how much attention is paid to Michelle Obama's dress for the inauguration. That will cost a nice dime, trust me, but my greater point is that everyone will be watching, so she's got to look good, and that will come at a hefty price.

No comments: