Friday, July 25, 2008

"Last Lecture" Professor Dies

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25848017/

Randy Pausch has died.
You've probably seen his book in bookstores, "The Last Lecture," or you may have seen him and his wife on television at some point.
He gained a lot of attention for his inspiring grasp of life and living in the face of battling pancreatic cancer.
Amen.
Shouldn't we all live like this? My mom did. She did more living in her last year of life than I had seen her do in the 10 years before her diagnosis.
I just happen to be in a "transition" phase right now, where I've been contemplating a lot of things in the months after my mom's death. I happen to be reading, "A Grief Observed" by C.S. Lewis, but I've come to the conclusion that I've always had in my head: We all die. It's not IF, it's WHEN.
In a strange way, I've been blessed by being surrounded by so much loss in my life. It's taught me so much.
So I want it on the record, here, that I want everyone to throw a party when something happens to me. I hope it's not for a while, but one never knows.
Take the life insurance money, take the people who were closest to me, and have a party.
Dance and have music and laugh out loud.
I wouldn't want it any other way. It's exactly what I want.
Play my favorite dancing songs (Dante, you can just play the IPOD), and eat fun food and have a glass or two of wine. Feel good. Life's too short not to.
Pausch was 47. Very, very young, but he did more to meet his life goals than probably some people twice his age.
Take life by the horns, people, and do what makes you happy.
And celebrate. You are breathing, you are alive, and you should embrace it every day.

No comments: