Saturday, July 12, 2008

RIP Tony Snow

It must be a year for really special people to die.
It may sound a bit dramatic to say that, but this morning I learned that Tony Snow died. He was only 53.
And bear with me, because as you know, it's been quite the tough year with my mother's death and then the medical conditions faced by my mother in law Margaret and my father in law Al.
And then on the topic of outsiders I admire, Tim Russert died so unexpectedly and now, Snow.
Snow was one of my favorite political commentators who had been with Fox News before he became the White House press secretary; he left the press secretary post in 2007 and joined CNN as a political commentator.
He had a wonderful sense of humor, and an easy manner with people. I was lucky enough to see him speak here in Oklahoma City late last year; I happened to get tickets at the last minute.
Rest in peace, Tony Snow. You left a mark, and some people won't even be able to claim that at the time of their deaths.

No comments: