Saturday, May 10, 2008

Beautiful Women




This Mother's Day, I'm posting photos that we didn't even know existed of my mom. Ashley, my niece pictured here with me and my mom, happened to have these on her digital camera.
I've always been one to take pictures, lots and lots of pictures. In the aftermath of my mother's death, I have been most grateful for the pictures we have left. My dining room table is scattered with all types of photographs. Classic black and white photos of my mother and grandmother; photos of my mother and father; photos of me as a baby, as a toddler, as a child, then as a woman. Photos of Ashley as a baby, as a toddler, as a child, and now, growing into a beautiful woman.
Nana is pictured in the other photo at the very top, with my mother. For the longest time, my mother hated having her picture taken. Usually, we would sneak taking a photo of her.
We look back, and we're reminded of what we've done together, what we did for each other and how we leaned on each other, especially during my mother's illness. The photographs show the progression of life, the wonders of love, and the undeniable strength of a mother.


No comments: