Monday, June 23, 2008

California Stars

I have a wonderful second family in Northern California, in an area about one hour North of Sacramento called Nevada City and Grass Valley.
I just returned from there, where I was part of a "present" for my dear "sister" Amy.
Her husband threw a surprise birthday party for her 30th birthday. They live in the art town of Chico.
I've known Amy and her family for about 17 years. (Her mother is my dear second mother Charlene, who I've blogged about before). Amy was in my and Dante's wedding.
We had so much fun! And the look on Amy's face when I walked up to her door was worth both our weights in gold. We hugged for so long and she cried. .... so utterly touching. I've never been part of that type of surprise before, and I've certainly never been the surprise. But it was priceless, one of those moments in life that is so special.
I'll have photos soon ....

No comments: