Friday, June 13, 2008

"The Earth Does Not Have a Fever"

I do not believe in global warming.
Let me repeat that.
I do not believe in global warming.
I think it's an emotion-fueled propaganda machine that is being used by liberals for fear mongering and money-related issues about which I will not go into great detail here.
Let's just say that if we want to help the world's poor and solve key issues like hunger and disease among our fellow humans, society at large needs to get off these silly bandwagons and use funds for other measures.
That means the government. As pointed out in the speech I've linked to below, this speculation, this panic, this insane addiction to gauging the Earth's temperature, is causing a lot of the pricing problems we're having today with food and gas.
I could do a detailed economic analysis for you, but I'll spare you the torture.
"So now the global warming myth actually has lead to the chaos we are now enduring with energy and food prices," Weather Channel founder John Coleman says in his speech linked to below. "We pay for it every time we fill our gas tanks. Not only is it running up gasoline prices, it has changed government policy impacting our taxes, our utility bills and the entire focus of government funding. And, now the Congress is considering a cap and trade carbon credits policy. We the citizens will pay for that, too. It all ends up in our taxes and the price of goods and services."
Let me remind you (here is a slight tax bandwagon) but the reason Europeans have paid high fuel prices for so long is because the pricing structure of their entire gasoline price is based on roughly 60 percent taxes.
Read that as: 60 percent of the price of a gallon of gas in Europe goes to taxes alone.
In the United States, that only has been 12 percent.
Stark, stark contrast, right?
Seriously.
So you can imagine my relief when I saw this:

http://www.kusi.com/weather/colemanscorner/19842304.html

It's a speech given by the Weather Channel founder to the San Diego Chamber of Commerce.
I have more where this came from; I've just been saving it up.

No comments: