Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Hippie In Me

I've always told people I'm part Hippie. Quite frankly (as an aside) if I truly believed peace could live in the souls of all men and women, I would indeed be a pacifist.
But there's reality, and then there is my idealism that exists in the Hippie side of me.
Now, here is where you see it coming out. I urge you to check out a newly released CD called "One," put together by an instrumentalist named Jamshied Sharifi.
The CD is a compilation of worldwide voices, a wonderfully sensuous, ethereal mix that is as spiritually soothing as it is uplifting. He united voices from all over the world, inlcuding Paula Cole, Sussan Deyhim and Yungchen Lhamo.
The CD is sold through www.cdbaby.com, which is based out of Portland, Ore. CD Baby only sells music from independent musicians, and therefore the musicians get a nice, big slice of the money because it's not being filtered through a corporation.
So check it out. Even if you don't like One, CD Baby sells many other CDs you may never have discovered!

No comments: