Friday, June 13, 2008

More on Russert

As you may have guessed by now, Tim Russert AKA "Little Russ" was one of my heroes.
Trust me, I do not have many heroes in my life. It's very difficult to find someone to look up to, although I can pinpoint a few.
Russert was one of those people.
He thought outside the box. That sounds so cliched, but he wasn't your ordinary journalist. He was not schooled as a journalist. He thought differently and wanted things to be different.
And that is how he gained so much respect.
Dante and I sat at dinner tonight, discussing how there is no heir apparent. None.
There is a letter missing in the alphabet, a hole in American broadcast journalism that can never be filled.
Who will take over for Russert in a pivotal Election Year?
Who will take the politicians to task so effortlessly and be able to smile about it in the morning?
Trust me, there is no answer.

No comments: