Thursday, August 21, 2008

Editorial on Tubbs Jones

http://www.cleveland.com/editorials/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/opinion/1219307576150810.xml&coll=2

Every day, I pass a sign on my way to work that says, "Believe in something better."
This year, we've lost a host of people who embodied that spirit, the most recent being U.S. Rep. Stephanie Tubbs Jones.
This editorial I've linked to is very nicely written. It's from the Cleveland Plain Dealer.
I'm saddened not only for her death, but the loss of leadership that my home state and its city on the lake desperately needed.
There is a saying that diamonds are made under pressure, and Tubbs Jones embodied pristine clarity as a gem representing the Buckeye State, which was no natural wonder given her life experience and the hard work and spirit she put into her job every day.

No comments: