Friday, August 15, 2008

More on Bigfoot

Oh, this is too much for me.
Unbeknownst to me, SE Oklahoma is a hotbed of Bigfoot activity. I learned this little factoid this morning as we in the Graduate College were standing around because we had no electricity for about two hours.
I'd like to point out that SE Oklahoma also is a hotbed for meth labs. I'm not saying that there's any correlation, but I would just like to point out the facts.
I'd also like to point out, as pointed out to me by several of my Okie friends, that normal, emotionally healthy people don't go to SE Oklahoma on purpose.
So, I had to share this with you, dear readers, because this quote is absolutely priceless. It appeared in today's Oklahoman. (I must admit, I would have loved to be the reporter covering this story).
It takes me back to the days of being the reporting intern at the Beaver County Times in Beaver, Pa., when my editors would make me take the calls of the people reporting squash shaped like Elvis or Jesus and clouds that looked like the Virgin Mary, and ooh, look, this one is crying.
"Uh, isn't that rain?"
And then they would yell at me.
You know what Judge Judy said, "When you encounter crazy, proceed in the opposite direction."
So now there's all this controversy because these two men from Georgia (again, the U.S. state) are holding this press conference today that apparently proves the existence of Bigfoot. These men, too, apparently are using a Las Vegas promoter to help them with the press conference. (A quick aside, for the record, these men also will take you on a tour for the cheap, cheap price of $499 to look for leprechauns, too.)

And of course, this has the Bigfoot Support Network in Oklahoma all upset.
"I'm gonna be very disappointed in these men for bringing this to the public's attention if this is a hoax,” said DW Lee, who founded the Mid-America Bigfoot Research Center. "It's gonna make the Bigfoot community look real bad.”
AS IF ...
I don't know what's funnier to me (and Lord knows I was laughing so hard my yummy raspberry Earl Grey tea went out my nose), that there actually is a person who heads up the Mid-America Bigfoot Research Center, or that he believes that someone can actually make the Bigfoot community look worse than the participants themselves.
This is what the abuse of prescription drugs has done to brains, my friends. Let this be a warning to you.

No comments: