Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Obama and Clooney

This is why the McCain campaign is running so many commercials (expect more to come) of Sen. Barack Obama (D-Illinois) and the celebrity status.
It should be a concern to voters that Obama is getting style and oratory advice from actor George Clooney.
Apparently, according to recent reports, the two of them have become great buddies.
I wasn't impressed when former President Bill Clinton played his saxophone with great fanfare and became one of the top celebrity presidents.
I certainly am not impressed that Obama is courting the Hollywood elites. I think Hollywood is the Land of Narcissists, where what you say has no meaning. And Clooney is the King.
And it doesn't impress me that Michelle Obama has been named one of Vogue's best dressed.
This is like a job interview, and if I was interviewing each of them, I would be more interested in tangible results than in a bleached, large-toothed smile.
Can they run a country that is at war and handle foreign policy issues that will forever shape the United States' role in the world?
Who can get the results this country needs, especially on domestic issues?
I implore each and every one of you to critically think through who gets your vote this November.

No comments: